Rechargeable Battery Charge | Electric Charge Units | Charge - Energy | Charge Costs | Solar Charging | Profitability | Power Station
Operation of a Power Station with a Solar Panel
Example and calculator for operating a power station. A power station is a powerful, portable battery. Power stations are often used for self-sufficient power supply in places without a power grid. But you can also operate them usefully at home. This is the simplest method of generating solar electricity, since nothing has to be installed. However, this method is more expensive per watt than a photovoltaic system because of the additional storage costs. You can use the profitability calculator to calculate whether a purchase is financially worthwhile. A power station does not make you independent from the grid, but you can supply important devices for a while in the event of a power failure. Here you have to consider the output power of the power station, which must be larger than the power of the devices to be operated.
Calculator Operating Time of a Power Station
A small calculator to estimate how long you can operate devices with a power station. Please enter the battery size (energy) and charge level of the power station and the power of the connected devices. It will be calculated how long it takes for the power station battery to run out. The time is given in hours and minutes, minutes are rounded down for security.
This calculator can also be used to calculate how long it takes for the power station to charge. To do this, enter the remaining energy for the charge status (if the battery is 20% full, then the remaining energy is 80%).
Example Power Station Usage
Power station Anker 555 with solar panel. The plug on the left has nothing to do with this, this is from a balcony power plant.
This is a power station with 1024 watt hours of energy and a 100 watt solar panel. It stands on a roof balcony in west-north-west direction and charges with 20 watts in mid-February when the sun is low in the sky. Charging started at 46 percent battery level in the morning and ended at 57 percent in the evening. So 11 percent have been charged. With better alignment of the solar panels and longer hours of sunshine than in February, of course higher values can be achieved. On a nice summer's day with the same alignment, the battery can charge about 50 percent with this system.
The electricity generated is used as follows:
- Charging smartphone, tablet and smartwatch
- Mains operation of a laptop
- PC monitor
- Egg boiler
- Charging cordless devices such as handheld vacuums and electric shavers
- Charging power banks, which are of course much easier to take with you than the 12 kg power station
- Emergency reserve. My PC with monitor can be operated in normal operation with an average output of 140 watts for about 7 hours with a fully charged power station.
- Operate the PC for several hours in summer evenings, among other things it is also used used for watching TV.
The output power is 1000 watts, so an electric kettle, for example, cannot be operated with it. Some larger models can do this.
The solar panel should not be left outside at night or unattended. It weighs 5 kilograms, so some wind cannot harm it. In storms (and rain) you should put it inside anyway. To protect it from slipping down and from surprising strong gusts of wind, it is attached to the roof paneling with a carabiner while outside.
Attachment of the solar panel with a carabiner.
The solution with 2 carabiners is easier to attach and detach.
© Jumk.de Webprojects | Online Calculators | Imprint & Privacy
German: Akku Rechner